Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Playtime: A Winter Feast for the Senses


I've often expressed my love of sensory bins.  I'd hoped to create my own winter "snow" bin at my house but bags of plastic snow disappear early in the season (us southern Californians find snow where we can).  I guess I'll have to be as creative as these wonderful posts shared on It's Playtime!

There's the fake snow I was looking for!  Winter White Sensory Tub from Make, do & friend

I love all the different elements this Christmas Sensory Tub from Pre-school Play has to offer!  The mirror "pond" is my favorite.  I remember one of my grandmothers having something similar when I was a child and I loved imagining the characters ice skating over it.  

H is for Homeschooling also put together a Christmas Sensory Bin.  I love how completely different it is from the one created by Pre-school Play!  

We Can Do All Things shared their Homemade Iceland created from colored salt.  The little penguins look so happy!  

If you were featured this week, don't forget to grab your special "featured button."   


Now, on to this weeks play date! 
It's Playtime is a community and Thursday link-up hosted by:

* Rachele : Messy Kids (That's me!)
* Anna : The Imagination Tree
* Rachel : Quirky Momma
* Jamie : hands on : as we grow
* Jenny : Let the Children Play

How to Play :
* Link up a post about a playful learning experience enjoyed by kids.
* Give us love and pop a button into your post/blog. Invite your readers to the weekly play date!


* Stop by one of our blogs every Thursday and add your link about play. Your link will show up on each of the blogs in the It's Playtime community.
* Each week the playtime hosts will choose favorite posts to feature. (By linking you are giving us permission to use an image and link to you, if featured.)
* Be sure to visit some of the links that catch your eye. Commenting on posts that you find interesting or inspiring is a wonderful way to develop your own playful community.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring our sensory bin this week. Lots more fantastic ideas linked up already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring our sensory bin - lots of inspiration, I plan to change it up a bit now the kiddos are getting bored!

    Blue Skies,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...